1. Be polite. There's no reason to be rude. Additionally, make sure not to overreact when someone says something that offends you. There's a good chance he or she is joking around. Inflection doesn't translate very well to forums.
2. Be literate. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are all good tools. Try to use them.
3. Be legal. Don't link to anything illegal. We're not pirates here. Well, we're not intellectual property pirates at least. You never know when a handful of us might set sail for some awesome booty.
4. Be bandwidth-friendly. Don't hotlink images. Please host them on your own webspace or on a 3rd party site (like www.imageshack.us
) instead of directly linking the image. Bandwidth costs money, and I'm sure people don't like forums eating up what they pay for.
5. Be considerate. Some of us browse at work, and most of us browse at school. Nobody wants to get in trouble for something you posted. We're work and school friendly here. That means no porn.
6. Be reasonable. Just because there's not a rule here that specifically forbids something, doesn't mean that you should do it. Use your better judgment. If something is questionable, ask an officer, or just don't post it at all.